Sunday, February 13, 2011

Peter's Commute Home

Now that the Winter Solstice has come and gone the days are getting longer. Yet, you wouldn't know it by my work schedule which has been keeping me at work late and leaves me riding home in the dark. It's a nice thing I am on the Springwater Path and my interactions with vehicles are minimal for most of my commute. It makes it hard not to bike in to work becuase there's not much of an excuse if you've got lights that are bright and good gear. Someone the other day talked about that ("I don't have rain pants") and then was off to the gym to attend a spin class. Earl Blumenauer has a fun rant about this where he says folks are sitting in traffic on their way to the gym to ride a stationary bicycle. He (and I) would prefer to see folks on their bikes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: