Monday, April 18, 2011

Ronde PDX - http://www.rondepdx.com/

I did the Ronde PDX ride yesterday. Was nervous getting ready. Left Sellwood about 9:15AM after a quick stop at the Ugly Mug. Caught up with the Sellwood Club and was ready to ride at 10 AM at NW 31st/Industrial. After >7,000 feet of climbing and nearly as many calories on a 5+ hour ride, we made it to Council Crest.

I went out like a lion and finished like a lamb with about 7 miles to go. I was surprised they took us over trails and some that didn't seem like a very good idea on my carbon fiber skinny tire steed.

Couldn't make the SW College hill climb, but did manage to finish the one with 23% grades. I don't even remember the name of the street because I don't ever want to go back there. Okay it was Brynwood. As Drew said, we should go back and slay the dragon which was SW College... he didn't make it either.

In my defense (for being called a whiner) and not obeying Rule 5 (harden up), I did spread barkdust and was really sore.

Funny post on the ride from Old Nevermore

Here's a video of the ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cbvQqssD_jI

No comments: