Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Approaching the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge

  The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge is approaching. It was a great view coming down the highway. I can see why they call it a scenic byway. You can see the multimodal path on the right hand side of the picture, I guess they figured we had a few too many people to use that 12 foot wide facility. I think that was a wise choice since some of the speeds at this point were pretty high.
 
Posted by Picasa
We weren't supposed to take pictures on the bridge, but people were, so I joined in. They had police cars on the structure and when there was someone stopping for a photo, the cop reversed his vehicle slowly and put on his microphone. I know they want to protect the bridge, but I can't see how they can stop folks driving on it from snapping a few digital pictures as they go. In the interest of national security...

No comments: