Saturday, April 3, 2010

Garden Starts 2010

I visited Naomi's Organic Supply and picked up some seeds for garden starts. By starting in March, I tried to get a jump on the garden. Of course, I did this when there was 70 degrees outside and the motivation was high. Now, the rains have settled in and the weather has dropped back into the 40 degree range, which is always a favorite of mine. Oregon DOT even extended the use of studded tires for 10 days, they normally end the season April 1st.

With the threat of damage for the new family members, I turned to the kitchen to house our various assortments of new and old seeds that will contribute to our summer harvest. I planted beans, peas, pumpkin, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, and maybe something else. Hopefully, the weather turns warm soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: